20 May, 2016

Worth the Wait

I can't really think of how to describe the last 2 years, from the heartache of being away to the joy of finding the meaning and purpose in our lives--
These verses in the Book of Mormon sum it up better than I ever could:
Alma 17:10 And it came to pass that the Lord did visit them with his Spirit, and said unto them: Be comforted. And they were comforted.
11 And the Lord said unto them also: Go forth among the Lamanites, thy brethren, and establish my word; yet ye shall be patient in long-suffering and afflictions, that ye may show forth good examples unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls.
12 And it came to pass that the hearts of the sons of Mosiah, and also those who were with them, took courage to go forth unto the Lamanites to declare unto them the word of God.
 13 And it came to pass when they had arrived in the borders of the land of the Lamanites, that they separated themselves and departed one from another, trusting in the Lord that they should meet again at the close of their harvest; for they supposed that great was the work which they had undertaken. 
I'm so grateful for the last 2 years of being apart and growing closer to God than each other, which incidentally, DID make us grow closer together. 




No comments: