06 February, 2016

Time to Unpack...?

I've been home from New York for almost 3 months now...I figure it's time to unpack my suitcases, scrapbook my memories, and catch up the old blog. Coming home to my family was the most surreal thing of the last 18 months. Everyone was completely the same but everything was different at the same time. It's kind of like working out: you look in the mirror every day but don't really see a change until you compare yourself to the "before" picture. Seeing my family and being back in the same environment contrasted the changes that had occurred in me, all of which happened because I came to know my Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ more intimately. Don't get me wrong, I am still working on being better and am nowhere perfect, but improvement and progression are the goal here right? Anything that helps us work towards that goal are worthwhile, and anything that keeps us from becoming more like our Father in Heaven probably aren't as important. I love Moroni 7:16-17:
"For behold, the Spirit of Christ is given to every man, that he may know good from evil; wherefore, I show unto you the way to judge; for every thing which inviteth to do good, and to persuade to believe in Christ, is sent forth by the power and gift of Christ; wherefore ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of God.
But whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do evil, and believe not in Christ, and deny him, and serve not God, then ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of the devil; for after this manner doth the devil work, for he persuadeth no man to do good, no, not one; neither do his angels; neither do they who subject themselves unto him."
I'm so grateful to have served a mission in New York, it "persuades me to do good" every time I remember walking the dirty streets of Brooklyn or sharing my feelings about my Savior. 
Here are a few pictures of coming home and being with my family!






No comments: